The Way We C It
ViDerm has quite a line of products you can try. They have peels that can “literally peel away the years” according to their advertisement as well as exfoliating creams which can rejuvenate your skin cells giving you the appearance of younger looking skin. To reverse the effects of skin damage and aging they have created ViDerm Vitamin C 20% Serum which uses the highest concentration of Vitamin C that is available.
Since Vitamin C is the only antioxidant that can stimulate collagen production you probably want to use a product that has a high concentration and can produce results more quickly than other products since they are always expensive. When you are using a product like ViDerm Vitamin C 20% Serum which has such a high concentration of Vitamin C you want to make sure to test it on a small patch of skin before committing to apply it all over your face. The reason for this is that it can irritate sensitive skin. And irritated skin never looks younger or smoother.
There is no telling what a Vitamin C serum is going to do just by looking at the advertisement because there have been numerous products which have been sold under false claims. ViDerm has created quite a few quality products but asking one to give you younger looking skin is a lot to do. Have they included the ingredients that are really going to improve the youthfulness of your skin?
ViDerm Vitamin C 20% Serum Ingredients
- 20% Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate: One of the most effective Vitamin C derivatives that works to stimulate collagen production in people who are resistant to Ascorbic Acid
- Cyclopentasiloxane: A silicone derivative that releases nutrients and moisture when applied to the skin
- Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer: A stabilizing agent or thickener
- Cyclomethicone: A silicone used to deliver a silky texture without an oily residue. It is used as a base solvent to blend with fragrance oils
- Uses a high concentration of Vitamin C
- Tones and firms skin
- Increases the production of collagen
- Can be used by all skin types
- Costs $88 for one bottle
- No guarantee offered
- No scientific data to back up their claims
ViDerm Vitamin C 20% Serum is one of the more expensive Vitamin C serums on the market at $88 for one bottle. Since there is not a guarantee offered for this product you are placing a lot of trust in their advertising. It does use a high concentration of Vitamin C which is obviously a bonus since it can go to work stimulating collagen production and quickly give you results. But honestly, looking at the ingredient profile ViDerm Vitamin C 20% Serum doesn’t have it all. Most of the ingredients they have listed are just fillers or can be mixed with fragrances and they don’t have much to do with improving the quality of your skin. Perhaps this product is most effective when used with the other ViDerm products because they could increase the moisturizing properties helping your skin to appear smooth and young with fewer wrinkles.